I have always loved water. I would wake up in the middle of the night sometimes and practically run to the fridge to get an ice cold glass of water. I don't do this anymore mostly because I am drinking like 120 oz. a day, so I don't find myself craving it quite as much as I used to.
Some days it is easier than others to get all of my water in and I feel like I drink it all with no problem. Some days I feel like it is hard for me to gulp down 48 oz. but I can honestly say that drinking more water has made me feel so much better. I feel like my body is a well-oiled machine when I drink water and I love it.
So, what is the problem you might ask? Well, I have a little confession to make. After a long hiatus from soda I bought a diet coke today, fresh from the fountain and ice-cold. I took a sip and honestly wasn't that impressed. I didn't even really like the taste that much. I actually have over half of the pop left and I have moved on from it. I may have really kicked my soda habit and it feels good. I was in no way a diet-coke junkie, but I probably had one a day or every other day, but it just was something I felt like I needed to get rid of in my life. I just didn't need the expense or the caffeine addiction. I think I will still have a diet-coke every once in a while, but while we used to be best friends we are now mere acquaintances and I must say that I like our new relationship status.
That is so awesome! I never crave diet soda any more.... however... I have one weakness... diet a&w rootbeer!! mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm lol
ReplyDeleteAwesome!!! I have never been crazy about water. Honestly I get most of my water with some Crystal Light added. I can really tell the difference in how I feel too. I hope that I'll get to where I like the water by itself like you do at some point :)
ReplyDeleteI feel the same way! I haven't had one in 3 days and that is big for me! I hope to get to where you are soon!
ReplyDeleteThat's great news. I've never been a huge fan of fizzy drinks but every now and then I fancy a coke or a pepsi but sometimes I think the idea of having one is better than the actual taste.
ReplyDeleteNothing beats a ice cold coke on a hot day. Sadly, I haven't had an ice cold coke in a long time. I gave up the soft drinks and if I'm out at a restaurant, I order unsweet tea. I agree with your observation though that they don't taste the same! Coke, Diet Dr. Pepper...neither of them taste the same to me since I cut them out of my life.
ReplyDeleteHi GG ~ Thanks for stopping by. Congratulations on surpassing your first goal already! Consistently applying what you know will get you those results. Keep up the good work! I wish I took this more seriously when I was your age, instead of carrying around so much extra weight for an additional 20 years. Clearly, YOU are smarter than I was. I didn't pay attention, and by 27 I was already pushing 230. It just went up from there. I'm so glad you are taking a different, more healthy path. Just think, you are becoming even more gorgeous, with each passing month! EVERY girl likes shiny things ... hehehe That was a cute addition to your profile. Onward and downward!!
ReplyDeleteI feel so much better drinking water too. Every once in a while I crave a diet cherry pepsi, but I try not to keep it in the house anymore. :)
ReplyDelete