Happy Tuesday!
I have been so busy the last few days that I haven't even had time to blog, but i'm back. So, there were some victories this weekend and some areas that need improvement. I kept up with my eating habits friday night and saturday morning with no problem, but when we got to Ron's brother's birthday party things went downhill. Let's just say that even the most organized people struggle at times especially when you are at the mercy of someone else's cooking and don't want to offend them! So, we got there and Ron's mom had created a spread of everything his little brother wanted to eat for his birthday, which was, GULP.... seven cheese macaroni and cheese, breaded and fried chicken tenders, roasted asparagus over warm spinach and bacon salad with cake. YIKES!!!! I didn't know what to do. I should have told her before I came that I was eating healthy, what was I thinking!? I couldn't be rude now and say no, but I have been working so hard and don't want to cheat today!! Well, I ate the smallest portions of each thing that I could without being rude and then I told his mom of my new weight loss journey in hopes that I can avoid situations like this in the future!
On to some good news... I am down 13 pounds in two weeks!! I am so happy, mostly because I have done it the right way, the healthy way and I committed to keeping it off. My friends came over on Sunday and we baked cookies and I didn't eat a single one and they also ate pizza and chips with dip and I ate salad, veggies, fruit and healthy chili. I am proud of my willpower and ready to keep up the good fight!
Congrats on the loss!! And way to keep the willpower going!
ReplyDelete13lbs in 2 weeks!! That is AWESOME!! ((as I sit in my jealousy)) I sooooo would have gave in too the pizza... You rock!! Keep fighting!! :D
ReplyDeleteWay to go!! I wish I had that kind of will power! Wow!! You're doing an amazing job already! :D As far as not wanting to be rude, since you told her now about your journey, next time IF that does happen don't let it stress you out too much if you'd rather just make something healthy to eat when you get home or bring your own healthy snacks just in case.. this is your life here! Don't be afraid to live it how you feel healthiest! Congrats again!!
ReplyDelete