Thursday, October 7, 2010

Three letter word that I hate... GYM

So, is day four of my lifestyle change and I have done really well with the eating portion of this journey.  I am eating 3 well-portioned, healthy meals and small snacks in between them.  I am feeling great already and feel like I have already lost weight (I am only weighing myself once a week, so check back on Sunday to see the results).

So, what is missing you ask?  Well good question, but I think you already know (I already know even though I don't want to admit it).  The gym, working out, moving this body, working on my fitness... you get it.  I need to get off of my rear and get moving, especially since my job requires that I sit for almost 8 hours a day.  So, tonight my boyfriend came home and said lets go work out.  Normally I would make any excuse in the book to NOT work out.  It's that time of the month, no clean socks, sore fingers... yes sore fingers, I said ANY excuse to not go.  Well, anyway we went to the workout room in our apt and I did the elliptical for 15 minutes and was feeling pretty good, but I was definitely feeling the burn in my legs.  I decided to hop off and do some weights and try to incorporate some interval training with my cardio work out.  After doing some weights and crunches I was pooped and hadn't eaten dinner, so I decided to call it and head up for dinner.  Ron and I made a pact to be active every night even if for the first week we don't workout for longer than 30 minutes (cardio and weights).  It helps to start somewhere.  It makes me feel like I can do this if I start to gradually integrate working out with the healthy eating.

Also, I have a VERY busy weekend with family events and other activities, which always means tons and tons of FOOD and SWEETS.  To try and prove to myself that I can really do this I have already looked at the menus at places we are going and made a food plan to help me stay on track.  I love how being healthy feels and thus far I love how easy it has been.  I know, i know talk to me in a few weeks and hopefully I have this same optimism.  Wait, scratch that I WILL have that same optimism and dedication to this.  As Perez Hilton says, "nothing tastes as good as being healthy feels."

1 comment:

  1. Going from a "sit down for 8 hours" job to working out ... even if it is 30 mins or less, is a huge step!! That is so awesome!! Keep up the great work!! You can so do this!!! Planning meals ahead of time, AWESOME idea!!!!

    ReplyDelete