Monday, June 20, 2011

Breakfast... Then and Now


I am sure we can all think of our favorite breakfast foods.  You know the sweet, sticky, sometimes salty deliciousness that is oh so comforting, but just a total carb overload.  I don't love breakfast.  I think it is alright.  I know it is one of the most important meals of the day, so I always eat breakfast, but in a general sense if I have the option to indulge in breakfast foods or lunch foods I will choose the latter everytime.
Having said that I have a small obsession with one particular breakfast item.  It is a soft, warm, giant sticky caramel roll.  It is sent from heaven above.  It comes from a little shop in St. Cloud, MN called Mom's cinnamon rolls.  I used to them too often.  Now I only eat them at Christmas.  I woke up yesterday morning and all I could think of was this caramel roll.  Luckily I live over an hour from Mom's cinnamon rolls, so eating one wasn't an option.


Caramel roll goodness.

So, what did I do?  I made a sensible veggie omelet and accompanied it with some cherries and some peanut butter toast. It was just what I needed to start my day.  It had fruits, veggies, protein and a little carbohydrates.  

My delicious breakfast without the guilt!


My fiance the omelet maker :)

I then went to Zumba at Lifetime Fitness and proceeded to get my butt kicked in a very good way.  Proof is in the sweaty picture seen below.  I now live right by two Lifetime Fitness gyms so I have double the amount of group fitness classes to attend!  I went yesterday morning to Zumba with a new teacher Kristen who was so good.  She let some of the participants teach the class too, which was really fun.

It turns out it is hard to take a picture of yourself on your phone.  So sweaty and gross.  It feels good!


Happy Monday!  Tomorrow's post is all about lunches! :)
Also something to look forward to is my 100th post later this week which will feature a prize giveaway!

4 comments:

  1. Mmmmmmmmm veggie omelets sound soooo good. But I totally just ate WAY too many strawberries!! I am SO glad I am not the only person having a weird obsession with summer fruits ;)

    I love your "So sweaty and gross" picture, you have a REAL smile and you have adorable rosy cheeks!! You can tell you worked out and have that work out high!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love omelettes, even more when your handsome fiancée makes them, well my handsome fiancée in my case lol food always tastes better when you don't have to make it, and when someone you love cooked it.

    PS I think everybody looks hot after the gym gets al that blood aflowing

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always have this craving for a cinnamon roll. It's the strangest thing. I have made low point cinnamon rolls and that helps for a day or two and then the craving comes back. Weird!

    Great job on the workout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH WOW, that caramel roll looks SO good!

    ReplyDelete