So, it has been nearly two months since I have posted on here and there has been a lot that has happened while I have been gone. There have been some very exicting and fun things and some disappointing things that have been holding me back and causing me some stress.
Highs
1. We bought our house and have moved in. We are officially homeowner's and we are loving it!
2. We have been spending a lot more time with friends now that we live closer and it makes me so much happier.
3 Both Ron and I now have a commute time of less than 20 minutes (His used to be 1 hour and mine was 45 minutes).
Lows
1. I haven't been to the gym in almost a month.
2. I have been eating out too often and choosing poorly.
3. I feel like I don't know how I got back to this place. How I let myself go so far off track that I am embaressed to even show my face on this blog.
I have spent the better part of the last month trying to figure out why I am not posting and why I don't feel like posting anymore. I tried to convice myself that it was not because I wasn't eating that well and working out. I must just not like it anymore or something. I must be bored with it. Well it is false. I missed the blog, I missed all of you. I miss the support and the accountability. For me this journey is starting again. I didn't gain all the weight back, so that is a plus, but I have a long way to go to get to my goal. I just wanted to let you know that I am back. I don't blame any of you if you don't quite believe me yet and if you want to see some action on my behalf before you come back on board. I am here. I am in a healthy mindframe. I am going to do this and I hope you are here for the ride.
I have the tools and the support and now I just need the action.
1. Weekly weigh-ins in front of a health professional.
2. A personal trainer.
3. My fiance who is going to change his eating habits (he wants to lose 30 pounds) and who has made a training plan that we can do together.
4. A fridge and pantry full of good choices.
5. Wedding gowns taped up around the house (and even in my car to serve as a reminder).
6. I have signed up for two 5k's.
7. The drive, will and desire in my heart to kick this overweight, chubby, fat body to the curb for good!
Welcome back. Sounds like you have a good plan in place!! ;)
ReplyDeleteSo glad your back!
ReplyDeleteHey :) I totally know what your going through, I feel shitty sometimes because I dont have any progress to show my followers. When I bought this place two years ago I must have gained about ten pounds at least it is a time when, we as dieter and exercisers are consumed by other things. When consumed with other things you forget the rules, and why you are doing it. Welcome back, you know everyone here will feel the same way I do.
ReplyDeleteGlad to have you back! Your tool kit is full of very powerful things - no doubt you'll be right back on track in no time! Cheering for you. ♥
ReplyDeleteWelcome back! Sending positive thoughts your way; no guilt.. just move forward!
ReplyDeleteWelcome back. Congrats on buying a home! I'm going through that right now, and I agree - it's a totally stressful time! It sounds like you have a GREAT plan to get back on track, and I know you will. :) You are back in good (healthy) company!
ReplyDeleteWelcome back! We have missed you too! Don't ever be embarrassed to struggle, we all understand!
ReplyDeleteShannon, it is SO great to see you! I did not know you were back online (had to cut out my google reader and now just manually visit sites that I read). Please don't ever feel like you can't blog because you didn't measure up. Life is difficult; if getting the weight off were easy, no one would need to be blogging about it! Missed you!!
ReplyDelete