Thursday, June 23, 2011

Clothing Motivation

I have been buying smaller sized clothing for 3 months now.  I wasn't really eating well when I bought most of the clothes, but I always had good intentions of starting on Monday, or next week, or after the holidays.....


So, I have clothing that is too big, just right, too small and way to small.  It is now serving as one of my big motivators (besides my upcoming wedding).  I don't dress the way I want to dress because I don't look the way I want to look.  Yes, I am the same person who posted this post "Dressing for the Body You Have" a few months ago.  I do mean everything I said back then.  I think you should dress the body that you have, not the one that you used to have or want to have.


In a general sense I don't dress awful.  I try to wear things that fit at the time and make the best of it.  However, the majority of the clothes that I am drawn to are not in my size or I am not willing to wear them at my current size.  It can make things really difficult.  I feel like a fashionista that is trapped in a fat body.  I read many blogs about people who are curvy and they all dress so well and are so confident with their bodies.  I think that is AMAZING!  I on the other hand am not content with the body that I have right now.   I am looking forward to the body that can wear these items below.  


I apologize that the picture quality is so poor, it is taken from my phone as my camera is MIA right now.


Navy dress with unique back straps from Forever 21+


Cute denim jumper from Forever 21+


Gorgeous skirt for the winter.  It has a nice shimmer to it that you can't see here.  Forever 21+

Fun dress for work or a special event.  Forever 21+

4 comments:

  1. This is very sensible when you put it like that.
    I'm out of fitting in all the clothes I own and have been looking at buying some new ones off ebay to see me through to smaller sizes but its hard not to buy ahead, but I don't know what will fit.
    Good thinking, dressing for the body you have...but the new outfits look great!
    I'm new to your blog but will follow now
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's great to have a few pieces for motivation but I find that some clothes even when you DO fit into them look weird on me because not all clothes were meant to be worn by my shape.

    I think it's perfectly fine to buy a few pieces that fit you at the weight you are now to make you feel like a million bucks. I never splurge and buy anything too expensive but 1-2 pieces really do help my morale.

    I always try on clothes now because in theory things look good on the hangers then on my body, it's a no. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the clothes!!!!! I try not to buy ahead, because I dont want to have something and than never fit it, or have it look awful. I did keep a "big" pair of jeans, just to see my progress with. But I agree... not all clothes are meant to fit your body type so buying smaller sizes might not be a grand idea. :)

    LOVE the clothes!! (again, had to throw that out.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am down nearly 17 pounds since March 1 and my size 14's were literally falling off me - I didn't have too many options at work, until my daughter reminded me that I had clothes in the basement - clothes I haven't fit into for years.

    When I opened the bag, my daughter had written "clothes Mom can't fit into . . . yet." Loved her positive attitude! So I've had fun shopping in my own closet - and am wearing size 12s!!

    Still haven't worn a dress or skirt yet - maybe by the end of the summer? We'll see!

    ReplyDelete