Monday, March 7, 2011

Meal Planning and Disney World

I love to plan out my meals for the week because it saves me money and time that I would otherwise spend thinking about what to make (and in the past finding myself grabbing something qucik and not healthy).  So, this weekend when we went grocery shopping all of the meals for the week were planned out.  We're having some new things and some good old standby's.  This is the last week before our trip to Florida since we leave on Saturday morning.  I am beyond excited to get out of this freezing cold, snowy tundra that I have been living in for the past 6 months!

So, thinking about Disney World has me excited and a little anxious about some things.  I don't love flying, so I always worry about that a little bit, but once the plane takes off I am usually okay. I am also a little worried about the food situation while we are there.  My fiance's parents have bought us a very generous meal plan that includes three meals a day and two snacks.  That is generally what I usually eat, however I like being in control of my options.  I have looked a little bit at some of the restaurants available and it seems like there will be some healthier options available.  I am planning on starting out with a nice healthy breakfast every morning to get me going and that shouldn't be too hard to find.

All in all this week feels much better than last week.  I am starting to feel more relaxed and ready to take on the week in a healthy way and and I am preparing for my vacation as best as I can.  I want to really relax and enjoy myself while I am there and take advantage of all of the activities going on.  I am hoping that just being active will help me to not have a gain next week.

Last year when we went to Hawaii I bought a whole bunch of new outfits and this year (being in between sizes) I decided not to buy too much because I am hoping to buy summer clothes in a few months when I have lost more weight.  I feel like if I buy them now and I spend a week wearing them and then have to put them away until May or June they will hopefully be way too big and thus a waste of money.  So, I am wearing what I have and I feel okay about it.  I am going to get a few new shirts and a pair of shorts and other than that I shouls be set.

I made the most amazing veggie omelete this morning.  I will post pictures later.  I also had a piece of whole grain toast with it and an apple.  Unfortunately, the apple was mealy and not crisp like I like them to be, but nothing is stopping my good mood today.  This evening I have a date with the gym and a delicious dinner which will be honey dijon grilled chicken with brown rice and asparagus.  Dessert will be the always delicious clementine.  I hope you all have a healthy and productive Monday! :)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful vacation! I could use some sun! You will be able to make great choices and get lots of activity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, sounds like you are doing awesome planning!! Kudos for not letting vacation be an excuse to be unhealthy!! Can't wait to see pictures!!

    ReplyDelete