Does anyone besides me ever get sick of their food? Not too long ago I thought to myself, "this whole eating thing is going to be a piece of cake! I will just eat a healthy turkey sandwich with fruit, veggies and some whole wheat chips EVERY DAY!" Well, I am sure you can guess how that went. Epic fail. Nothing should be eaten over and over again, except maybe cake or chocolate :) So, I have been really trying to break out of the box and try new things. I love finding new "healthy" products and mixing them in with some staples that I already eat.
I must say that I am sort of a brand loyalist. I find something I like and I stick to it. For example you will catch me only buying Jif Peanut Butter, Heinz Ketchup, French's Mustard and Miracle Whip. I grew up eating these items and I will not buy another brand of this product no matter what. Having said that, I do have certain "healthy" items that I really like, but for the most part I am willing to stray if I find something intriguing once in awhile.
I was shopping around the other day and I found a "healthy" fruit snack. I know what you're thinking, "that doesn't exist." I swear though that these fruit snacks ARE different and they taste really, really good. The brand is called Buddy Fruits and the type of snack is called Pure Fruit Bites. They are 100% real fruit and in fact the orange flavor had a full serving of fruit in it. I brought a package in to work so that my co-workers could try them and everyone loved them. Several of my co-workers said they would ditch their kids old fruit snacks and would be picking up some of these instead. I am not eating the fruit snacks to replace eating real fruit, but sometimes you just want a snack and this is something that I don't feel guilty grabbing on the go to tide me over*.
* Buddy Fruits didn't pay me to write this post, I just really like their product and wanted to share it with all of you. :)

We've got something like that over here, they're quite expensive though but really tasty. I always wait to see if they go on offer and then buy loads! :)
ReplyDeleteOooh those look lovely! Sometimes you need something that "feels like a sweetie" even though it's actually healthy. Looks like these would hit the spot!
ReplyDeleteI'm constantly looking for new stuff to try. It's funny that you mention a turkey sandwich though, because that is the common joke around here if anyone asks what I've had for lunch - it's always a turkey sandwich. I'm a creature of habit, I guess. Breakfast, too. It's around dinnertime that I get too creative for my own good. If I just had the self control then that I do for breakfast and lunch, I'd never have to worry about another pound as long as I lived!
ReplyDeleteTrying to break out of the box and try new things. love finding new "healthy" products and mixing them in with some staples that already eat.
ReplyDeleteInternet Casino