Sunday, October 9, 2011

I Wish...

I wish I wouldn't have let a month go by without telling you all why I was not here.


I wish that I didn't let what happen upset me as much as it did.


I wish that I felt the same way about blogging as I did over a year ago.


I wish that the person who sent me several awful emails would have thought things through before sending them.


I wish I would have just brushed it off and not let it consume me.


I wish these things, but the truth is that wishing is not enough.




About a month ago I got the first of three emails from a reader who was not happy with my comments on this blog.  This person was very upset that I didn't outline everything that I ate every day, pictures of my scale every week and that I didn't ask my readers more about how their journey's were going.


That was the first email.  The second and third emails were ten times worse and honestly, I am not even going to validate the person by explaining it all here, but let's just say that I had to seek the advice of an attorney to figure out what to do next.


I don't want to dwell too much on what happened or the very ridiculous allegations and assumptions that this person was making, because they are unfounded and absurd.  I will say that I am sorry for my absence, that I appreciate those of you who have followed me and offered me support over the past year and a half and that I wish you all continued success and I hope that you all reach your goal(s), whatever they may be.  I think the majority of the people in this blogging community are amazing, inspiring and motivating people and I continue to motivate myself through all of your stories.  For now, I am going to take this blogging thing one day at a time.  I needed to break the silence, since I have gotten a few, "what happened to you!?" emails and I realized that is was rude of me to fall of the face of the earth.


I am not done with my journey or with blogging, but I am taking time to rethink my presence in the blogging community and trying to determine if my words are better suited in a journal rather than in a public forum.  I am still struggling with that notion and I don't expect to have all of the answers right away.  I hope you all understand where I am coming from and realize that we all have to make our own personal decisions based upon what we feel is right for ourselves.  Thanks again for the love and support you have given me all of this time and I hope to be back in some capacity that suits my personal journey.

6 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear you've been heckled - you're certainly not alone, it happens to all of us from time to time.

    I find that blogging is just like losing weight: if you're not doing it for yourself above all else, you're doing it for the wrong reason. This is your experience, and they don't have to read it. You share what you choose, and no matter what forum you choose to talk about your journey, know you have the support and love of MANY people!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am somewhere between shock and extreme anger. What on earth gives another person the right to feel as though you are not living up to their expectations?? Mary is absolutely right: this is YOUR experience, and this is your blog. You can write about anything you want to - they don't have to read it. I'm so sorry this happened to you; you've been an integral part of this community and such a joy to have as support. Thank you for being so thoughtful in explaining why you haven't been around. I'm sure something like that would be a difficult thing to work through. But, you are strong my dear. And you are in control. Big hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This angers me...I dont know where people get off judging anybody else. SCREW HIM/HER...You are doing awesome and you rock!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh goodness, you poor dear. I'm sorry that someones words affected you the way they did. Whos business is it other than yours on what does and doesnt go onto your blog? Its ridiculous. I have no words to even say how much I hope you are able to just brush it off. One random psycho does not make the world go round and I hope you can find it in you to continue the blogging - for yourself as mary stated. hope you overcome this, the strength you gather from it will help you in other aspects of your life xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. All I can say is, This is your blog, you put what ever you want, not what people tell you to put.
    I am sorry to hear this has happened to you. You don't have to put anything you don't want to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that is crazy! They are crazy!!

    I hope to see you back here. Your blog is fantastic and you're also fantastic.

    Take good care of yourself, we'll be here waiting :)

    ReplyDelete