We happen to have a store at work that sells pop, snacks, chips and some breakfast items. Almost nothing in the store is a healthy option, which makes shopping there a little tough. They do have a package of muffins that is really tasty. You get two mini muffins and they are moist and delicious! I was sitting here for an hour and thinking about them the entire time. I walked back there to purchase them and I looked at the nutrition facts right away. This is my new thing that I do. I look at the nutrition facts from top to bottom and THEN I decide whether or not I am going to buy it. Thankfully I came to my senses and realized that this was NOT a sensible lunch at all.
Mini-muffins.
Capri sun, mini donuts, ramen, fruit cup and mac and cheese. All bad options, except for the fruit if you drained the syrup.
My weak spot. CHIPS! There are some baked options, so kudos to that!
Tons and tons of soda pop. I am really trying hard to not have any. Sometimes I will have a diet coke.
I made a bowl of oatmeal and ate my banana. It was not what I wanted to eat at all. It wasn't very comforting or tasty. It was however, nutritious and satisfying in the sense that I know it will keep me full until lunch and it won't leave me with regret. So, oatmeal and banana wins for breakfast and first craving, urge, desire to fall off of said wagon for the day has been controlled.
oatmeal and banana. My friends in weight loss and guilt free eating.
Moving on to my next topic. My weight loss journey. I have continued to lose every week, but not the numbers that I would like to see. I know that I could be exercising more and also eating better all the time rather than most of the time. I think I have decided that I am going to join Weight Watchers. As much as I can say that I hold myself accountable until I am blue in the face there is nothing more accountable than knowing that someone else will weigh you once a week. I think it will help me stay even more focused and even more on track. So, what do you guys think? Who loves WW? Anything I should know before I do it?





Look i think weight watchers is great, it does work for people and if they are losing weight and eating healthy then that is obviously better than maintaining a crappy lifestyle.
ReplyDeleteBUT I just think you get took locked in to the points system. And counting points. I think it will be really hard to come off WW. I don't do weight watchers myself so I can't say first hand but from all the blogs I have read it just sounds tedious and not the best way to do things.
I think learning visually with what your eating and getting an idea of how many calories different foods have is the best way. And just making common sense choices to eat healthy throughout the day. And you'll have an idea of whether you've done well or not. Learning through reading packages and also reading books on healthy eating (the Portion Plan by Linda Gassenheimer is awesome life size pictures of portions etc), so that you can look at a large bowl of creamy pasta and not think of it as like 9 points of your 48 point WW limit for the day but as like 800calories of badness and just know that its not good.
I dunno...just my 2 cents. I just think learning with common sense and some reading is the best long term way. And hey you are losing weight anyway and it's not meant to come off fast so it sounds like your doing just fine on your own.
Great job picking the oatmeal instead! It's not easy but you should feel really proud of yourself. :)
ReplyDeleteI tend to struggle in the mornings because all the shops on the way to work also only have poor options to choose from.
ReplyDeleteMost of the time I end up with cereal and a bananananana too.
I did WW successfully about a decade ago. Got to my lifetime weight with them but stopped going. Stopped following the plan. Gained it all back plus. Story of my yo-yo life:(
ReplyDeleteI went back last January to see what the new program was like since I'd heard so much buzz. Interesting, but could not get into counting points again.
That said, I think the program is proven to work for many, many people. One thing I'll say... if you go to a meeting and don't connect with the leader, try a different one. I found the leader makes a huge difference.
Good luck!
New follower here Love your blog. And Good for you to not get any of that food!
ReplyDelete